Sunday, January 9, 2011
Our Second Weekend Here Together
I need to list what we've been doing, before I forget it all!
First, yesterday (Saturday) Mark did laundry here and we straightened, etc. Then he took me to the big grocery store a half-block away or so. It had so many mini-stores within it! They were really just a part of the store, but wow! They even had an olive bar! I found and bought dried peas with a wasabi coating. Yum! They have so many choices here.
Then he left me for a while, in TY Maxx and Home Goods. Of course, I only looked at a small portion of the stores, but I'll come back later to look more.
Then we came back here and got salads at the salad bar - mine included beets and coleslaw and giant green olives! I also got a cup of chicken soup - it was very good, too.
We came back upstairs then and hung out.
Today we went to church, then came back here and got more soup and pot roast and vegetables and potatoes. (Yes, I know - I'm full!) We picked up some cookies from his work, and then we looked at movie choices (from cabinets of dvds) in the theater, but decided to go listen to the group singing down the hall. The lead singer was reallly good at singing like Willie Nelson, Elvis, Johnny Cash, and Engelbert Humperdinck. A very good singer and guitarist - seriously!
They sang requests, too, so I had them sing the songs from O Brother, Where Art Thou. Also, Rocky Top, and Mark had them sing Green, Green Grass of Home.
It was fun!
Now we're back in our room (from around the corner :) and it's almost 8 p.m. Our room is cool and delicious. The weather outside has been perfect. Yesterday Mark and I sat outside in the sun for a while.
Haley, I use the polka dot blankie all the time, and Melinda, tell Danny we've got all the doors blocked shut, so we're ready for you guys! Hahaha...no, we're excited for anyone to visit us. : )
Imagine, clean floors for your babies to crawl on! A little baby boy at church today made me miss the grandkids! And I have to pet Roscoe (did you see him in the pic of the lobby?), just to get my doggie fix. Good thing we have Tut! (And I can barely get any hair off of Tut when I brush him now. Isn't that funny?)
So, now I am caught up, I'll go look for new posts from you!
Lator, Gators...
xoxoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am SOOOOO happy for you guys! It sounds like you have the perfect life for this time in your lives! Just what you both needed. And it really sounds a lot like retirement. At least for you, since you don't have to work. Imagine if you didn't have a mortgage in Idaho how much moolah you could be saving! That sounds wonderful!!! It also sounds so nice that you only have Tutt and no dog hair everywhere. Much funner for the visiting babies.
We aren't planning a trip out htis year, but maybe next year when we go out we can go to Las Vegas first and spend time there. I'd like to see some places too, and Sarah is only a few hours away. We could search out Camille and her favorite fabric and quilting stores!
I love hearing about your food, especially since you don't have to cook it. It sounds just like what you like too, with fresh salads and fruits. Mmmmm.
So fun! And I can only imagine how spoilt Tut is now. I love all the foos, especially because lately I have been really wanting soup a lot. I want some!! And I want your nice weather! Hmm... I am thinking... in March we will be in Salt Lake for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I should ask Danny if we should just go on to Vegas from there. Then we would have 3 hours less to drive that direction. I will let you know!
Post a Comment