Thursday, August 13, 2009

Women of Excellence

I have a vision in my mind of a woman of excellence. She has, through much prayer and scripture study, finally absorbed the fact that the Atonement works for her, and it has freed her! She is deliriously happy. She believes that her Heavenly Father can make weak things become strong. She relies on Him steadily, on a daily basis, to show her those things that she is weak in, the little or big things that give her trouble, so that she can make them her strong points. She believes in laying hold upon that which is good, and not letting go. I want to do that. I want my daughters to do that. Henceforth, I am going to make the things I can't seem to conquer into my strong points, my signature things that I'm good at. That is so much more satisfying than just correcting my weaknesses. I believe Heavenly Father's promises, and I am going to become strong in the areas that I habitually fall down in. Remember my 'experiments'? Well, I've learned that trying a new way, experimenting, is very powerful. Now I want to go beyond that. You'll be hearing from me. xoxo

2 comments:

Tara said...

So glad you posted about this because I have been struggling with that! I always forget that I have weak points so that I can make them into strong points! I mostly just think they will always be weak points, but that defeats the whole purpose of why we are here, doesn't it? I forget that life is a constant progression instead of just. . daily living. Thanks for the awesome post.

MegJill said...

I am tired, but I am going to go to bed so that my current low energy is longer a weak part of me, but a strong one!
Thanks so for the posty! We tried calling tonight to say hi but no one was home. We'll try again later this weekend. We think we might check out some local trails tomorrow, even though we can't go far with Audrey's broken leg. And we have to return library stuff.