Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pain and Sadness

Yes, I just posted about making the best of things. I just want to add to that and say that this world has a lot of pain and sadness in it. It's so hard to embrace it, but that's a part of life, and it makes the happy times happier. What gets you through is knowing you're not alone.
Heavenly Father loves us, even when we are blind and limited in our capacities.
And we can love others, and they can love us. Just think how much that means in our lives.
Think how that will be the only thing that matters, in the end.

4 comments:

Club Jolley said...

Thank you for saying that. I needed to hear that, just like everything else you say to me. I know that the sad times will make the happy times even better, but I can't wait until we're in Heaven together and there aren't any more sad times and we can all just be together! I want that now. Gimme gimme gimme; I need, I need!

Club Jolley said...

Another thing I forgot to say: I love how you said that we are able to love others and they love us. Isn't that an amazing ability? To be willing to die for someone else, and just because you love them? Just last night I was thinking to myself that I can't be so willing to get angry at others, because in the end all I will have is those people and our friendship. It makes you think twice about being mean to someone. :)

Tara said...

I like your thoughts on this post. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are the ultimate examples of loving everyone no matter what. We think we know if someone is worthy of our love just from the limited knowledge we have of them, but Heavenly Father still loves all of his children, and he knows everything about all of us! It makes me feel a little sheepish because I'm so limited in my understanding, and it makes me want to try harder to just see the good, because it sure makes life a lot happier if I do.

meldoo said...

I think that our ability to love is what makes us divine. And like Haley said, that we would die or suffer just because we love someone, is pretty profound. And I agree with you, in the end that is what will matter. But suffering is still hard and it hurts to be stretched and to grow. I echo Haley again that I can't wait until we are all together!! We will have soooo much fun just being with all the people we love so much who are so good and kind. It makes me want to be better just to be worthy to be there with them.