Not!!
Mark made a viewer for the sun eclipse today, out of a CD and a tape center (I think); anyway, it worked best when shone on the asphalt of the parking lot. We went outside with Leto and Mark's contraption and here are the pictures:
The last one was to show the sun, but there was too much light for the camera to pick up the eclipse, even with the contrast high and the midtones low. It made a cool picture, though, imho.
We had fun looking like nerds, both in wheelchairs out back, taking pictures of the parking lot. People asked us if we were trying to see the eclipse, and I shouted, "Don't look at the sun!" at them, in a panic-stricken voice. They didn't seem to think that was odd, though, and Mark seemed fine with it. I guess he was into nerd-mode, since he wasn't embarassed about sitting in a wheelchair like he usually would be. In fact, he sits in one whenever we go outside to catch a few rays (I sit with my back to the sun and read :).
And here is a picture of our old backyard on Redwood St. I had Mark take a picture for me so I could "see" it. Wow. It's sad, but at least some rose bushes are still alive. Maybe Ingrid Bergman and Crimson Bouquet, but I can't really tell.
As you can see, they cut down the huge Blue Spruce in the back yard, as well as all the other pine trees and Spruces on the property, front and back. It was rather shocking to see that, and I wonder if the power company made them do it, or suggested it. On both side in front they are gone. Mark didn't want to take more pics, 'cause he felt like we were spying on the place. That's what happens to houses and yards and everything, over time. Most don't stay the same, but we have lots of pictures from when we lived there.
I think we had a great influence on the way the yard looked, at least until Melinda and Danny moved out and I couldn't do things outside. Mark and the boys kept the grass nice.
We have lots of fun memories from that house, don't we?
I love loading pictures now; it's so easy!
'Love you!
xoxoxo
3 comments:
Wow, the yard looks sooo much different without all the big pine trees! I wonder what they are going to do back there now. Hopefully they will plant more trees, maybe some maples or something. It looks naked now!
We didn't even know there was an eclipse going on yesterday so we missed everything, and Doc is silly to use a wheelchair out there.
Does he take an extra one of yours out, or does he steal from the old neighbors? :)
He takes one of mine out, so that he can sit down. :)
Hi, Dianey! Love reading your blog, although I often forget with all the stuff going on around here. lol Love your pics....you look so healthy and happy and beautiful! Welcome Home, Phillip! Maybe I can send him those DVDs that my friend donated to the servicemen. lol He can pass them on. Love y'all!
Post a Comment