(Print of an artist's card I purchased from the artist on ebay)
Bishop Baird told us to double everything good we were doing, as in: read and study the scriptures twice as much, write letters twice as much, work on family history double the amount, attend the temple twice as much (which for us would still be zero :/ ).
We felt it was most important for us to think of being more Christlike rather than just doing more, but we have also been able to accomplish some steps that we've been working toward (and please don't laugh at our list):
- We got more food and water storage, plus a wheat grinder
- We got Leto his rabies shot and tag (have to pick up the other shots for him and Tut)
- We are going on walks, although not every day (we're building up to every day : ), and we take Leto on walks too
- We have the car in the shop right now, getting needed repairs
- We are eating much less, and we're eating healthier in general
- I'm writing more hand-written letters to others
- I'm finally organizing my craft supplies and using them (motivated by letter-writing)
- Mark is doing census names for genealogy purposes
- I'm "fixing up" more, I think, which I think is important, and I got a "wedding/engagement" ring! (I picked out a big cubic zirconia, in keeping with the times, and I really enjoy wearing it. It's sterling silver, which my body tolerates well, with gold-plated(?) swirls on the sides, and it's guaranteed for something; I don't know what, but I kept the rec'pt.
- I am looking at GardenWeb and learning about roses again - I'm starting to feel free to explore my interests once again, even if I can't be actively participating; and I feel like there are many ways I can be actively involved, if I just take a good look around me. The same goes for horses, art, whatever. I don't have to make a commitment (which I couldn't keep) to do lots of fun things. Eureka! Duh...
And that is all I am looking at about those things right now!
Second of all, Phillip gets out of the Army on Saturday, after four years and two deployments (one in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, both pretty rough I think, especially the latter, but he doesn't want to talk about those things, because he doesn't want to make a big deal of them. He was just there with his buddies, in the trenches, so to speak. He made some really good friends, and he lost some friends. Serving in the Armed Forces is hard, often boring work, often in awful conditions, dangerous conditions. I'm proud of you and for you, Phillip. Thank you.
Lastly (for now),
Spring has Sprung!! Isn't it great?!
We are lovin' it. Hope you are!
xoxoxo
PS Haley and Dallin and Hunter and baby sister, yet-to-be are moving to Casper, Wyoming in less than a month! He'll be working for an oil company? there, and traveling a bunch the first couple of years, but it's a great job, and kind of like more schooling for two years. You make the sacrifices when it feels right, working for a better future. I'm excited for them!
Also, Seth is where he might be able to make some progress - I'll send an email right now, with his address.

3 comments:
All those things you are working on sound wonderful!
I bet if you called the temple and told them your predicament that they would know where to use you. Also, temple sealings are a lot shorter to do..... and you are short! Bahaha..... Couldn't help that one. :)
So good that you are working on water and food storage too! I want very mucho to get a big huge blue water tank thing like you guys got. Actually, I want to get a few but they are crazy expensive so I need to find someone selling theirs. Hmmmm..... Maybe if they are still selling them there then Mel and Danny could bring them on their trailer with their big oil drum when they come. I'll have to ask. I haven't found anyone here selling those except for online stores.
I'm really glad you guys still have Leto! He seems like such a great dog, especially now that he is maturing a little.
Also, it is good you are fixing up and taking care of yourself with walks and stuffs. Sometimes we just get into ruts and its hard to want to care, but as soon as you start taking care of yourself it feels better.
Which reminds me, I need to order more Reliv really bad! I've been forcing myself to take it every morning for almost a month now but I only have a few days left in the can.
Another thing, Audrey made a Mother's Day card for you and we are sending it with pictures of the kids but I won't get it mailed until tomorrow so it will probably be late... but just know that it is coming! Audrey was really excited to work on the card.
Oh, one more thing, I wonder if you could help be over the middle garden there at the Gables. Maybe you could plant a few roses too. It could be like your own secret garden, but then if you couldn't take care of things it would be at the building so others could! You could even start a flower or rose gardening club there. I bet there are other ladies that would love to do it, and maybe you could each plant a rose that you were in charge of taking care of.
You are thinking right up my alley about the gardening, Megan!
You said you wanted a juicy comment so here's one!I like the inspiring idea of doing double whatever you're doing right now- although that sounds exhausting, I know I could and should be doing more of everything that brings me closer to Christ. WHY is it so hard?! Especially when I KNOW that's the most important thing I should be focusing on!
It sounds like you and Doc are working hard to become better and more self-sufficient. Good job! Keep updating on those goals!
Also, I think that's a really good idea of Megan's to help at the Gables with planting a few roses that others could enjoy looking at too and help plant. The people there at the Gables mostly get sad and lonely because they realize no one needs them anymore or they're not really important like they were as parents to little kids; that sounds like a sad life, so maybe if they had a rose or a flower garden to take care of they would be happier!
Keep writing, I love hearing about what you're doing!
Post a Comment