Friday, March 4, 2011

A Night to Remember

I have to tell you about tonight: Mark had a gift card to Olive Garden and we went there to eat! It was the best OG I've ever been to - the service was great and the food was hot and delicious. We basically ate appetizers and dessert, taking Mark's meal home in a doggie bag. I ordered an appetizer sampler, with stuffed mushrooms, zucchini, and toasted ravioli. Also, spinach and artichoke dip and some spicy sausage/potato/onion soup. Mark ordered the Tour of Italy, with endless salad and bread sticks. His platter (!) came with lasagna, chicken parmesana?), and fettucini alfredo. My favorite was the stuffed mushrooms. They were so hot and juicy inside, with a creamy, cheesy filling. And the dip was hot and delicious too. Anyway, it was glorious. And then, dessert! Ahhh...Mark ordered the chocolate strata cake and I ordered a baked caramel-almond biscotti, cream, and sliced apple concoction, with vanilla ice cream on top. We shared, and we both preferred what I ordered, although the strata cake was plent dark and decadent, haha. We had so much fun! I kept feeling like I was on Defending Your Life, with the wonderful surroundings, and any cares far away. We even pretended it was true, and we talked about what that would be like, to know your earth life was over and you were together. Whew! Heady stuff! So now we're back here and Tut is bawling us out for being gone so long. Oh, I forgot! After eating, we went to Barnes and Noble and looked at books. It was a quiet one, like the Idaho Falls store used to be. You know that I already think that that store was Heavenly, so it went right along with the Paradisiacal Living theme of the evening. Melinda says that Phillip called her this a.m., to let everyone know that he got to Afghanistan all right. Phillip, if you read this, I'm waving hi to you and hoping all is well with you there. We pray for all of you! And guess what? We got some Reliv and we are both taking it! Hooray! And I am drinking water! I've found that Nestle water, ice cold from the fridge, is delicious! My kidneys are so happy about that - who knows what I will do tomorrow, with Reliv and H20 on board? DeeDee gave me around six beautiful beading books, left to the bldg. by the resident's daughter that I told you about, and I will get some beads, etc. from her - I'll just take a few, I told her. I want to just take enough to honor the offer, without feeling like a vulture. Does that make sense? There are oodles of certain beads, so I'll take some of them. Next time I'm in Idaho, I'll have to get my supplies and I can make some gifts! I also want to get my clay supplies - you can make gorgeous beads from clay. I meant to ask you in my last post, what words do you aspire to become? Would you mind sharing your thoughts about that? Love and Hugs! xoxoxo

8 comments:

MegJill said...

Your food sounds heavenly! Going out to eat sounds wonderful right now. For some reason everything sounds soooo good! I want chinese and a huge Subway sandwich and pork chops and a fruit drink and...and....and...
Anyway, words to aspire to. Hmmmm. I'll have to think about that more but off the top of my head I'd say creative, inviting, happy, giving. That's all I can think of!

Anonymous said...

I love the new design on your blog! Your outings sound wonderful, Diane...and what awesome food! To answer your question...what words do you aspire to become? I'd say...valiant, brave, secure, confident, true, kind, loving, lovable, genuine, compassionate, virtuous, and a word I love that was given to me by one of my angels..."authentic". :) Hugs cuz!

Noodle said...

Ooh, Bonnie! I love 'authentic'!

Noodle said...

And all the other words that Megan and Bonnie thought of - what great attributes to aspire to. You're inspiring me!

Club Jolley said...

Oh I love reading your descriptions, especially about the food and conversation you had and the peaceful atmosphere. That sounds wonderful! I love it when we go out to eat and decide to get dessert too- it feels so indulgent and we ooh and ahhh over every bite. Oh and the Tour of Italy is what we always get too, it's the best!
Words that I aspire to become... the first word that popped into my head was angelic- I want to be like an angel to others, where I can give them light and love, joy and fill them with a desire for good and happiness (which, now that I think about it, that's exactly how having the Spirit makes me feel); also, the words "nurture," and Bonnie's word "valiant," and the word "grateful" are three things I want desperately to be. I like thinking of words that inspire me, it's immediately put me in a different mindset. Instead of thinking about all I haven't accomplished, I like to think of those words I can become.

CityofEnoch said...

Haley, "nurture" is such a great word. I want to be nurturing. And "valiant," as Bonnie said. Megan's "giving" and "inviting" and other words you all used were so great.
It's funny, as I read your words, how much I see you all as those words. Sometimes we have to recover our selves, so to speak, and drop whatever we've picked up that isn't authentic to ourselves and our desires.
Reading the scriptures and praying are the best tools I know of, in terms of becoming re-centered.
I am finding the words we pick to be so helpful in knowing each other and ourselves, as we really are!

CityofEnoch said...

PS For some reason, I'm signed in as "Mark," but it's me, Diane. :)

Club Jolley said...

Will you keep reminding me about those words we aspire to be? I'm afraid I'll forget and let my mean self come back out! :)