Thursday, April 15, 2010
Still Here With Us
Just to let you know, Jasmine is still around. Just when I think she's gone to her final rest, she gets up and walks around or goes outside or uses the litter box. It's amazing how she continues with her preferences, even here at the end.
She went outside today and enjoyed the air and the sun. She 'talks' to us in the a.m., and you can tell she's reaching out to say goodbye to us, individually. She still seems in little distress, but she seems very weak. She's going out on her own terms, that's very clear.
Tonight Mark gave her a blessing. It was soooo sweet. I can't write about it. Jasmine loved it, and she looked right at Mark afterwards. I could feel her purring.
This reminds me so much of when Pork Chop was saying goodbye to us. I'll never forget it. He said goodbye to each of us individually.
We took him to the vet when it was time, and as he lay on the table, he purred and curled his paw around my finger. Then he just went to sleep.
Leto stays near Jasmine, rather than close to us. Tut totally ignores her. I can see how it will be when those two are left without Jazzy. They are buddies, with their own little routines, and that becomes stronger as the time goes by. Even Jasmine has become buddies with Leto.
Our warm and loving and cranky and lazy animals. Bless them. They really are, and have been, right at the heart and center of our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so neat that Doc gave Jazzy a blessing! We will miss Jazz. Thanks for all the updates on her, so we know how she is. Wish we could be there to tell her bye. It would be nice if Haley could stop and tell her bye on her way through, but she will probably be in a hurry to get home!
I love that Tutt ignores her. That is just like him. And that Leto stays close to her. Ahhhh.
Awww, I'm glad she still doesn't seem in distress. That is just like her, to go out on her own terms. She was always very smart and stubborn.
It's really neat that Doc gave her a blessing, and I'm interested to hear what he said. We get to see you so soon! Hunter is so big, you won't believe how squirmy he is! :)
Post a Comment