Saturday, April 10, 2010

Idaho Falls Visit

Hello! It's Saturday morning! How are you all? I'm doing great. Aren't Saturdays fun? Last night Mark and Seth went to the movies together while I watched tv at home; High School Musical 3 and Shrek 2 (which I'd never seen before) were on, and I really enjoyed them. Mark and I plan on going out today. : ) I had a wonderful time in I.F. Wednesday night and Thursday. We had our book club meeting at Mel's house and it was my pick: Dune. Mary Robinson, Angie, Pam Hart, and Mary Harshbarger came, and all had read it except Mary H. Over the course of our mtg., I think we managed to pique Mary's interest, and she said it was back on her reading list, lol. I love having others read my book pick! I went ahead and stayed over, and the next day Alaina and Tristan cuddled up with me on their big chair and we watched Clifford and Dinosaur Train and Word World, besides seeing Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I also got to hold Emme some and Linda brought Josh over for me to see. Emme is still a little muffin, and she smiled at me in the charming, Far Side way young babies do. Josh stared at my mouth with his bright little eyes and looked very concerned about being held by a weird lady. The Campbell kids are getting so grown up! Lainey has the darkest eyelashes for a blonde, and she would ask to wear my glasses and then say, "I'm Grandma and you're Alaina." She also 'shopped for groceries' and cooked for us. It was so cute. Mark and Keith were coming thru about 3 p.m., so I hitched a ride with them. That was fun, and I got to kid them a little, my seat in the back I hadn't slept at Melinda's, 'cause my pills were on the fridge, so it was great to be back and catch up on my sleep. It was really good to see the grandkids (and kids); the grandkids add so much life to life. I love them all! xoxoxo

2 comments:

MegJill said...

Too bad I missed bookclub, although I can almost guarantee I wouldn't have read the book! I was always bad about that. But that is so fun that you got to stay and be Alaina for her! Hehehe. Lainey's hair is always shocking to me when I see it, with it's perty blond curls.

Club Jolley said...

That sounds like such a fun visit! I'm jealous that you got to play with Mel's kids and spend the night and have book club with all of those ladies. I miss Sis. Hart and Sis. Harshbarger. They're just so confident and strong aren't they? I remember when Sis. Harshbarger sewed me a dress for a play in 7th grade; and I also remember Pam Hart being the BEST Sunday School teacher when I was in Young Women's. Anyhoo, back to your post, I'm so glad you felt healthy and that you were able to spend time with them. I told Dallin that I'm inviting you to spend the night with us soon. He said that would be fun, so would you please come and visit us sometime soon too? We could go to Porter's too!