Thursday, April 15, 2010

Goodbye...

Jasmine passed away peacefully at around 6:30 p.m. this evening. Mark and Seth buried her in an old velour cloth that had seen better days, and we said a prayer of thanks that she didn't suffer much. Now she's cavorting around in kitty paradise and attacking everything in sight, I'm sure. You know what really blew my mind? About an hour after Jasmine died, I looked up to see a maybe 6 months old, part-Siamese kitten trying to get in our French doors! Is that crazy or what? (It looked alot like the kitty in Megan's photo above.) The kitten was a sealpoint with mittens, very cute, with a blue collar. I cracked the door, but it sensed Leto there and ran off. Mark had seen it earlier and he went out and tried to entice it over, but the kitty wasn't doing that, so I hope it has a home nearby. Can you imagine how startling that was? It was like Jasmine coming back as a kitten. I thought I was hallucinating for a second there! Maybe it was a little vision of Jasmine as she is now, a little gift from Jasmine to let us know she's happy. And the thought of that makes me very happy. xoxoxo

3 comments:

MegJill said...

Little Jazzy is all free of her old kitty body now and no longer has creaking noises when she bends and moves! I can't believe she lived this long, considering she used to lay in the road and stuff. The thought of Jazzy being free from all her pains sounds wonderful, but it does sound sad not to have her laying on my head when we visit.
That must have been so crazy to have that kitten come to your door!!! I wonder where it came from. You'll have to tell us if you see it again.

Club Jolley said...

I'm happy for her, although I tear up to think that she's gone from our family. I have had quite a few pets in my life who I loved so much that I thought they were my family. That is so crazy about the little kitten coming to your door! I totally think Jasmine (and Barkley) had their own special spirits that were very human-like.
I HAVE to tell you this story, it happened a long time ago, when I was probably ten. But I tell you, it's completely true, it really happened, and you can think I'm crazy but this is exactly what happened. For some reason, I was sitting on the couch in the living room crying pretty hard, and Hamish (remember her?) came up to me and stared at me and then starting meowing really loudly. Then she disappeared and two seconds later she came back in, with Jasmine trotting beside her. Jasmine jumped right up to my lap and started purring her little heart out and was being SO cuddly and usually she was pretty crabby, I knew Hamish had gotten her to come be with me. I will always remember that moment, it made me realize that our kitties and pets have such a wonderful impact on our lives and can bring us so much comfort and happiness. Isn't that amazing though? I was completely shocked when it happened, I think my jaw dropped a little, and I remember afterwards telling someone but I can't remember who it was. Anyways, Dallin would never believe such a story, but I tell you that's exactly what happened!

t. said...

I'm so glad I got to know Jasmine a little during my visit. She slept right on my chest one night- I''m still finding her hair. I'm so glad you all get to comfort her. -t