Saturday, November 14, 2009

Getting Cozy

We are watching Spirited Away right now, and it's warm in our room. Mark is drinking something warm, and I just drank some hot chocolate he made for me. Seth is home from work, and it's snowy and cold outdoors. I like the way the bathhouse in Spirited Away seems warm, with hot water and plenty of food. It makes me feel cozy inside. I used to be afraid of winter, afraid of being cold. Now I enjoy it, because I look forward to being by a warm fire, baking, eating soup, and the holidays, even if the holidays are still a bit scary (but only if I forget that I can give homemade gifts; then that feels cozy, too :). I'm lucky, because I rarely have to go outdoors when it's cold. We keep our house pretty cold, but I can warm up in one way or another, either a room heater, a hot bath, or a fireplace. We went to see 2012 last night, and we really enjoyed it. The special effects are amazing. You do have to suspend disbelief occasionally, but it didn't have language or anything in it, and it was exciting throughout, with a good feeling to it and a sense of humor. That's generally what critics hate, so I always consider that when reading movie reviews. Often our favorite shows aren't reviewed very well. So, how are you staying cozy when the weather's cold or miserable outside? What are some of your favorite things to do this time of year? Blessings! xoxoxo

3 comments:

MegJill said...

How do I stay cozy? Lots of quilts! If I'm under a pretty blanket then I feel cozy. Also, we love hot chocolate. And homemade bread. That always makes the house smell warm and cozy too!

Club Jolley said...

I want Doc's hot chocolate! It sounds fun to be there with you guys watching a movie. I love to bundle up in layers of clothing and wear like three sweaters around the house at the same time. And I love my big fluffy socks that keep my feet warm.

Caroline said...

Thank you so much for the "heads-up"! I had already checked my email early this morning to find in my inbox, a sweet note from cjane herself. I am beyond flattered and so excited to see the dress. I have never won anything ever in my life. And that's the truth.

Hugs to you too! :) Caroline