Sheesh, it's so late in the year already! Can you believe it?
Mark is excited for Thanksgiving this week. He always enjoys cooking and baking for others, as you know, and we all gain from his talents. ;) Although I'm trying not to; I really want to just eat what I would on my own, and in the serving size that I'd eat on my own. That would help!
Last week we went to see New Moon with Seth. We enjoyed it, although it lacked the music and the intensity and romance of the first movie. Also, I didn't like the new vampire contacts. Robt. Pattinson's makeup was not flattering! Also, his physique left much to be desired - and I don't even like muscle-y types! The Volturi encounter was also a letdown.
What I did like was Jacob's hair being better, the story, Bella's dad, the huge wolves, and just seeing more of my favorite characters. Going with a crowd and hearing their laughs and sighs and screams was the best part of all. Especially Mark and Seth's moans of enjoyment! Ha!
I got to substitute-teach in Relief Society yesterday, and it was on one of my favorite talks of all time: Elder Holland's talk, "Safety for the Soul." Unapologetic and very clear about the truth of the Book of Mormon, it provided a chance for us all to think about how we can be deceived in these times and how to avoid it, and to ask ourselves how we are testifying of the Book of Mormon. How do we want to do that, unequivocably and without fear?
I could more easily talk before a crowd of strangers than share my testimony with individuals that I know. For that reason, I need to do the latter more often. I need to extend myself to others more, in friendly and helping ways. And we need to have more Family Home Evenings!
It's just continuing to push the envelope a bit, not going overboard and then sputtering out, like an untrimmed wick. Never let it be said that my wick was not trimmed!
Seth was home yesterday - he called in sick to work. He's had a cold for a while now, and he'd been working extra for someone else, and it caught up with him. I think it's the first time he's stayed home sick from work.
Mark made us some beef tenderloin (which was too hard for me to chew - but that's just me, not the food) and cheesey potatoes, and then he baked some sugar cookies and we watched some old Farrah Fawcett movies. One was simply awful, and the second wasn't bad - it was verrry old, and therefore pretty funny. Called "Murder on Flight 502."
Now Mark's gone to work and it's still snowy outside, from yesterday, and that's about all there is to tell you, except that Tut and Jasmine were really wrestling around yesterday. Tut throws his weight around, but Jasmine is more passionate, so they're pretty evenly matched. I felt sorry for little Jasmine. The night before, Mark brought her into our room and held her on his shoulder, which was something I've never witnessed before. It turned out, she'd killed a spider and Mark was grateful to her.
Do you think if I would kill spiders he'd hold me on his shoulder? Instead, I hold spiders (or I've been know to) and kill Mark's shoulder!
I write more when I think of something, okay?
xoxoxo

5 comments:
That's so cute about Doc holding Jazzy on his shoulder because she killed a spider. :) Awww. I've noticed Doc has seemed more affectionate, like the other day I called him and asked if he could pick up something for me in Pocatello, and I was kind of afraid he'd say no, but he said "sure, I can do that," and it meant a lot to me. He also said "I love you," as I was hanging up the phone the other day, and when I got off I told Dallin in a shocked voice, "He just told me he loves me!" And Dallin said, "Wow! Maybe he does!" :)
Anyhoo, too bad New Moon wasn't amazing. I just convinced Dally to watch Twilight with me over the weekend- he was not a fan. :) I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever, so I can't wait to see everyone at Thanksgiving! This will be sooo fun! Tell Seth to get better so he doesn't give all of us the cold when we come visit!
That cat is HUGE!!!! And, yes, it looks a bit like Tutt. I wonder if Tutt is excited for Thanksgiving too. More noodle boxes for him, maybe?
I'm glad Doc is excited for Thanksgiving. I don't know how I feel about the holiday this year. I have a million things to be thankful for. We will be missing family. I'm glad Brooks and Aiden will have the day off. Maybe we can sleep in?! Oh wait, we are going to the Turkey Trot that morning so we won't be able to. (That is a race they have here. We will be joining others from the ward, just for fun. i will probably walk with the kids most of the way.) Tell us what you guys make and eat, okay?! On Thursday I will have to pretend you guys don't exist so I am not sad.
Yeah, Megan. It will be sad. But you do have alot you have worked for and been blessed with beyond measure. Your kids are darling, your husband loves all of you and has a secure job, you have a wonderful home, and you found your lost box of books! Also, friends that are wonderful, and a new state to explore.
You know all this already, but it's fun to list it anyway. :)
We really enjoy your blog and your comments, plus your phone calls!
SOOOOOO glad we found the books!!!!! That made cleaning the basement all worth it.
I haven't seen New Moon yet, but I'm going this week with all my sisters over the break. I've heard mixed reviews, so I'll let you know what I think. :)
Post a Comment