Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Silence of the Turkeys

I'm so happy, and I don't know why! Of course, I am grateful for the Gospel, Mark, our home, his almost-job, our family and friends, and living in America. We're blessed as a people, and I'm quite aware of that. But now, just because of a sameness to our days that gives me a chance to relax and make goals and progress a little at a time. I think this is the longest that Mark and I have ever gone without feeling like things were up in the air (although we did have a little bump in the road a while back!). Also, I've been eating yams or sweet potatoes (Mark doesn't remember which) since Thanksgiving, and they're helping me be stronger and happier. Did you know they're the most nutrition-dense food in the whole produce department? Yay for nutrition! Today we all went to church. Another kid in Primary was disgusted and fascinated about my abruptly ending legs, but he got over it, as I just acted normal and we participated in Primary. His name is Alex, and when they talked about our Earthly home, he said, "I'm not an Earthling!" He was very adamant about that, even when we tried to help him understand. He became very friendly towards me by the end of Sharing Time. I think it was the super brake handles on my wheelchair. We had a great Thanksgiving week. Ben, Linda, Josh, Haley, Dallin, Hunter, and Danny, Melinda, Alex, Tristan, and Alaina came for an early afternoon, traditional feast. Then we put on the Polar Express, after trying some other movies, and Alaina and Tristan watched it with me, while everyone else was in the living room visiting. Alaina is such a cuddlebug! Tristan was having a hard time with worrying about everything imaginable, so we teased him briefly, asking him about fixing the economy, etc. Sadly, Justin couldn't make it up this time. So to Justin, Phillip, and Megan, Brooks, Aiden, Audrey, and Anya, I say, "Happy Thanksgiving!" And now, to the rest of the holiday season! We're trying to make little gifts for people, and we know that everyone is trying to save money, and it's actually more enjoyable this way. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. We love you!!

4 comments:

MegJill said...

Your primary kids are always so funny! And I love that they stare at your negative legs and wonder in their little heads what is wrong with you that they are missing!
It would have been nice to be together for Thanksgiving, but it helps me to think about people like sister Hinckley and how she had to be away from her family too. And it helps to know that she cried a lot about it, because I haven't and it makes me feel strong and brave!
Just so you know, both computers are broken right now. Have I ever told oyu how frustrating computers are? Brooks' won't show anything on the screen. So I am using my broken one, hoping it holds up for a few minutes before it dies again. WIsh me luck! And I HAVE to get my pictures off of it too! Ahhh!

Noodle said...

Hi, Megan! In case you check back, I never got the lollipop pictures email. I've checked all over in the mail, even deleted items, and can't find them.
We missed you on Thanksgiving Day, but I felt way better knowing that you were in the Turkey Trot and then you and Aiden went to serve meals to the homeless, and I thought Phillip was at Sandy's and Justin was coming up.
We get to see Phillip, and maybe Justin, at Christmastime. :) We'd better set up Skype on Haley's comp or something, before then!
Yeah, I love the Primary kids and leaders here. It's so fun to have my calling!

Club Jolley said...

Those little primary kids say the best, most entertaining things! That was such a fun thanksgiving, just relaxing and so nice to visit with everyone. Isn't Joshua a cute baby? I feel bad that Hunter was such a cranky-pants and didn't want to sit down with you. It was because he didn't really have an afternoon nap, so he gets real cranky and fussy if he doesn't get his beauty rest. : )

Anyhoo, I'm excited that Justin and Phillip will be here for christmas! When does Phillip get released from the army?

meldoo said...

Thanks so much for having us all over for Thanksgiving and feeding us! It was a really nice and relaxing day and the kids were so happy to come see you again.
I'm so glad you are enjoying your calling in Primary! I always enjoy it when I teach in there.
Also, I loved the kitties on your last post!! They are so cute and you are right about fostering, it's a great way to get kitties without any cost or long-term commitment! And you can always say no if you don't want any for a while. It's just like dating all over again!