Sunday, July 1, 2012

All By My Lonesome...

It's Sunday and so far I've been all by myself: first, Mark went to church; second, he went down to help serve lunch here; and third, he's going to Poky to visit Seth with Megan and Brooks. (Edited to add, I didn't think I'd be going, but went and enjoyed the ride down and back with Megan and kids - and Seth was back to his old cheerful, "twinkly" self.  Phillip came, too, and we all had a few minutes to speak on the phone with Seth.  Anya actually stood up in the little window while her mom was talking, and she still had plenty of standing room left over!)

I read Haley's long post and that made me happy.  I know, I'm spoiled.  I've gotten spoiled living back in IF, and especially so with Megan and Brooks and family visiting!

Reading about the storms, heatwaves, droughts, power-outages and fires all across the West sure makes me think about emergency preparedness and 72-hour kits, water storage and keeping gasoline in our cars.  The U.S. is being burnt "as a stubble!"

And with that cheerful thought, I bid you a fond farewell and adieu!
We love you all!
xoxoxo

3 comments:

Club Jolley said...

Oh good, I'm glad my post made your day better! I was actually going to call you this morning (sunday) but remembered you had church so I didn't. I should have! I've been so out of my routine and schedule since Dallin's been home, I didn't even make dinner several times this week mostly because I kept forgetting that I still have to do MY jobs even when he's off work! Anyhoo, that's pretty much all I was going to call you about... I'm glad you're having fun with the family though, and yes, it's hard when you've been with family so much and then you're alone for a day or more. It makes you realize how important family is! I'm sooo excited that Megan's coming to visit, and I really really hope you can come too when the baby's born. I need visitors especially when Dallin's gone so I don't go looney! :)

MegJill said...

I'm so glad you ended up going to Pocatello with us! It was fun getting to talk on the way down, and Seth seems to be doing well!
Zee girls and I are excited to come over tomorrow and just rest and play and hang out at Grammy's place. :)

Noodle said...

Yes, I'm glad I went too. Seth was his old self; like you said, he was "twinkly."