Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Sun is Out!!!

Wow, it feels so good! It's been so overcast lately. The world looks different in the sunshine, very full of possibilities! I'm watching Bob Ross's son paint some mountains. That was always fun to do. I miss painting, and we should set up a studio area for painting and stained glass, etc. Maybe we could move the office into the craft area and put a little studio in the office, where it gets more light. Or, move the exercise stuff and the tv into the office and put the art area in the family room, where the light is really good. It's nice to have so many alternatives! I thought of something for those of us who worry: whenever we start to worry about something, we should think about stepping on a nail and getting tetanus (or a husband or kids doing so). It's possible, yet very unlikely, so it diverts our attention while pointing out the absurdity of worry. Anything like that would work. I tried it this a.m., and it really helped! On another topic, Mark and Seth found a bag of grain (the other grain bags are in bins) that mice had been eating. It's on a shelf above the basement stairs, and there's a little opening there that they come in through. Well, Seth got out his BB gun and has been getting them with that. He must be a good shot, 'cause he kills them instantly, and he got several just on the first day. I hope word is going out in the rodent community, tho, because it's kind of sad. The mice were probably very excited to find the readily available, abundant source of food; kind of like us at Golden Corral. That's the report from here. And thank you for your kind attention! xoxoxo

2 comments:

Club Jolley said...

I hate to think of little mice getting killed, but it's even worse to think of them sneaking into your house! I hope Seth gets them all. :)
That is such a good way of looking at worrying about things. It's just like stepping on a nail. Anything could happen, so why sit here and worry about stepping on a nail? It's so silly when you think of it like that! Thanks for writing again. I love it when you do. I keep wanting to call you but Hunter's been sick so he's been cranky and needy and not sleeping.

Enjoy the sun!

MegJill said...

Poor little micey poos! I hope he gets them fast so they don't suffer. That would bother me really bad to have mice in our house! They might be here, but I don't see them!
I will try to remember the nail thing when I worry. So now I will be thinking about stepping on nails ALL the time! :)
That is a good way to think of it though. Spanks!