Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Early a.m. Post

Just posting to let you know that we are still alive and well and it's very dark outside and in our room! Thank you for your comments, and I hope Megan will write a brief comment again, on a couple of posts back, just to summarize the comments that you lost. Two things: One, Justin and Melinda and the kids came down yesterday afternoon, and it was so fun! I'll post some pics later, but I just want to say that I really enjoyed it and I feel refreshed by it. The kids watched Finding Nemo and the first of My Neighbor Totoro, which they loved. They also played and had suckers and ate some regular food while Seth and Justin put a load of Justin's things in the Campbell-Monster-Car and we talked about Megan and Haley and Ben and Phillip. Joke! We actually talked about Seth. The second thing: Right now I want to write about Mark's good care of me, and I can do that best by giving you an example. Last weekend, I had to take a break from my old, ratty wheelchair, so Mark fixed me up with a comfy pillow. It was warm and cozy inside, compared to outside (you know that toasty feeling) and Mark was in and out, doing things like baking bread, making homemade vegetable soup, cooking meatloaf, fixing the kitchen sink, playing wonderful music, doing improvements in our bathroom, baking cookies, and talking and joking around with me. If you can picture that, then you have a little glimpse into Mark's giving and caring nature. Mark is a helper/healer/teacher, and I'm a gathering in/nurturer/teacher type. Besides that, we're both silly and adventurous, yet really homebodies. We're both impatient by nature, anxious to learn everything and wanting a chance to make the big, dramatic sacrifice; we're still learning about letting go and trusting. Anyway, we suit each other perfectly! I hope you've enjoyed these little glimpses into our life. And thank you for your kind attention. xoxoxo

3 comments:

Club Jolley said...

That's so sweet of Doc to take good care of you, and I love that he bakes and cooks for you. I'm glad you've been posting more lately! It seemed like for a while I was really sad and then I realized it was because no one was writing on their blogs! I guess I should be so dependent on blogs for my happiness. :) I am about to post on my bloggy too, so make sure you check soon! Thanks for writing!

MegJill said...

I can hardly type because of Anya clinging onto me, BUT, that is wonderful of Doc! I need a Doc. ANd meatloaf sounds sooo yummy tight now and I'm not even hungry. I miss being around and trying out Doc's creations.
Send him over here!
I feel the same as Bailers about feeling sad when people don't post on their blogs. If we don't get to see each other all the time then it is nice to read about each other! And then talk about what we thought. :)

meldoo said...

All the food sounds delicious and warm and cozy. I loove Doc's meatloaf! I will have to get the recipe. I'm glad that Doc is there to take care of you and keep you all cozy and happy. It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?