Just kidding about already going private. I'll figure out how to do this first. Maria, thanks for wanting to stay in touch. I think I would be very sad if you didn't. After all, that's how you can hear about my girls, too. :) And Mark is looking all over for jobs as an Assisted Living Administrator or Director or Manager. Who knows where we'll end up!
Today, Mark did a phone interview with someone who needs a Director in Sequim, Washington. It's NW on Seattle, on the Strait of Juan de Fuca (or something close to that), not far from Forks! However, the Olympic Mtns. block the rain, so it's very dry and mild, with humid air from the bodies of water around there. It's so scenic and beautiful there! I'll post some pictures on top for you to see, ok? They are from ads for homes for sale there. That's always a good way to see some scenery, plus peek inside people's homes for decorating ideas. Heheheh.
Some pictures are obviously of irrigated land , others of along the coast with high and low coastlines, and others of more natural vegetation. I see some pine forests, and there's a rain forest not too far south of Sequim. The rainfall level changes dramatically when you move away from Sequim at all. Variety!
Also, last night was Linda's baby shower, given by Sisters Arnoldsen and Baird! I forgot to take pictures until the very end, but I'll post them asap. At least they might show how happy Linda was and how pretty she looked. There were 27 people there, and Haley and Sis. Jensen and others dropped off gifts, too. Little Josh got such a variety of presents, for quilts and blankets to a baby monitor and bibs and grooming/bathing/medical kits to diapers, burp cloths, Changing table pads, a homemade baby sling, books and toys, a carseat pad for baby's head, some things for Mom, snack bowls that don't spill, all kinds of shampoos and baby bath and on and on. Plus, lots of cute little clothes! And a hat and some socks. I can't remember it all, but it was really fun to see what little Josh got as welcoming presents. :)
We are feeling better today, I think. I know I am, just having something concrete to focus on. It's fun learning about other towns, so today I learned all about Sequim. It's a popular retirement community, and it's growing fast. It has about 7,000 people right now, and 20,000 in the immediate environs. It has a fairly high crime rate for being rather small, because it's near another country (narcotics) and because of the elderly population (easy victims). I gather it's an artifact of being within easy driving distance of Seattle and Vancouver. Anyway...
So, I'm still not editing. But eating homemade beef jerky right now. It's kind of hard to chew! Earlier, I ate a whole container of strawberries. Yum. What else did I eat today? Oh, a dill pickle and a tomato (from the store). I'll have to take a picture of our little red Early Girl tomatoes - almost ready to pick! Yay!
Mark watched 2 movies today on his computer: The Matrix 3 and Hancock. He seems all proud about it. And about the jerky he made.
Seth isn't here right now...
That's all. Mark is watching Knowing now, and Seth is home.
Catch you later!
xoxoxo

3 comments:
Moodle, I'm so happy for Linda that she had such a good turnout and got so many good gifts. I bet they were excited to take it all home and put it in the baby's room (that was my favorite part!).
I'm impressed with Doc, that he's already looking for new jobs instead of waiting anymore. I hope he finds a good job, and I really really hope that it's close to this area! I would be so so so sad if you guys moved far away right after Megan (and right after I have the baby). And tell Doc I'm also impressed that he's watched THREE movies in one day. Today Dallin and I have been so lazy. We looked up Michael Jackson music videos on youtube.com and we've been watching them and dancing to his music. :)
So keep writing and unediting your postts!
That town looks so pretty! I'm guessing that is the Washington town? Seriously, if you guys are looking all over the country at jobs then I am going to look here on Monday, 'cause if you are moving far away from Idaho then it might as well be close to us!!! How should I look? Should I just call the facilities and see if they are looking for administrators? I know there are a few places here, and in the areas around here. I was thinking, if they town in Washington is about 14 hours from Idaho Falls, then I'd much rather you move 14 hours closer tous, NOT farther! So, I will be pushing for this direction. I would be bouncing off the walls with excitement if someone was closer to us!!!!!!!
Megan, you just look in the newspaper or on monster.com.
Yes, that was Sequim - all of those pictures, I'm pretty sure. If not Sequim, they're from right outside it. Isn't it amazing that they came from houses for sale pictures? I think it's so pretty!
Anyway, I loooove looking at real estate ads; you get to see all kinds of houses and prices, interiors and landscapes. Very inspiring and enjoyable, and you can get to know an area, almost like you traveled there. I got to know Pocatello that way. And it really worked, too. I know so much more than I would have by doing that. :)
Yes, go ahead and look for jobs.
And, Haley, it's so funny thinking of Dallin and Preggo You dancing to MJ music. Keep up the tradition, 'cause our family has always liked MJ. Did you know Mark went to a Jackson 5 concert? I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment