Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Phillip Departure Pending...the end of this month...Very Soon!!!
Well, it's late Wednesday night, and if you know me, you know I was watching ANTM and Stylista (which I don't like as much as ANTM, but it's still interesting). I've also been watching youtube videos that teach all kinds of art techniques that I've always wanted to learn. Who knew?!
So I have been playing today.
Yesterday, Megan took me to the dentist, for my consultation. They basically said the same thing, and then they took impressions of my teeth for my 'falsies.' Shhh...Don't tell anyone!
Megan and I went to Porter's, which is near Dr. Harris' office - that was fun!
Then, since we missed Ben and Linda, we stopped by Melinda's and she invited us to dine with them. Danny made wonderful pork chops, and they had delicious salad, and peaches, too. Yum! That really hit the spot, and was such a nice break for Anya, Audrey, and us, before driving back to Pocatello. It was fun to catch the kids in a quiet mood, too, just having their supper. It was a nice, quick visit.
Thanks, Danny and Melinda!
Also, we put our loose change together and got a pattern for several old-fashioned aprons, just like my mom and grandma used to wear! We're all so excited to pick out material (when we can afford it) and make aprons! I want to embroider mine. :)
ALERT
***If you'd like to send something to Phillip for Thanksgiving, before he ships out to Iraq on the 28th of this month (not far away at all), please mail things to Sandy and Jessie's house, okay? At least that's what he's told me before. After he goes to Iraq, I'll post his new address for you to send him things. I know it would mean a lot to him, especially when he sees the other guys getting things. Please remember him in your prayers, too. Thanks.
Contact me if you need Sandy and Jessie's address. It's Mint Lane in Ozark, Mo., but I can't be sure of the house number. It's in my address book, which I can't see right now...so I'll put it up tomorrow.***
We're going to decorate for Christmas asap, so we'll have it ready for Thanksgiving. If you can't come, come the day after or whenever you want! Okay? And anyone is welcome to come help decorate.
Phillip, if you're reading this, we miss you, especially this time of year, and we appreciate that you're serving your country in the military. We love you!
Okay, well, I've got a tummy ache (from cocoa!), so I'll write more tomorrow.
'Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want to make a cute old fashioned apron with you guys! Just tell me when you're going to do it and I'll try to get money for my material to you. And I can't believe Phillip leaves so soon! I bet he's excited though. I'll have to send him some pictures and stuff. There's a book at Deseret Book that he might like too, about finding strength when you're in the military. Hm, maybe I'll get him that for Christmas. Sorry, Phillip, if you're reading this, because I just gave it all away! :) And again, I'm in shock that you're getting dentures! :)
Do you have Phillip's address, or should I say, Sandy's? I haven't written him since he left last. Oops. I've wanted to, but there are a lot of things I want to do and don't get to.
Can't wait to make the aprons! I know what fabric I want to use but will have to wait to get it. It's at Porters.
Post a Comment