Hello! Well, Phillip turned 23 on the 10th. Happy Birthday, Phillip! I remember when you were born they had to do an emergency c-section because your heart rate was dropping with the contractions - good thing we went in fairly early on! Then I slept and slept, after anesthesia, and I would wake up slightly and ask if you were all right and then go back to sleep instantly, only to repeat the whole thing a little bit later. Sandy and Tamathy had come up there, and they thought it was hilarious.
The older kids came up to see you; they were still little themselves, and they didn't know what to make of you, you were so filled out and with so much dark hair, a new little stranger in their lives. You were very deliberate and calm, and so well-behaved, which we needed, 'cause I went back to school full-time, 2 weeks later, and you were with Grandpa part of the time while I went to work 32 hrs. per week, also. I prayed and prayed that you wouldn't be harmed by getting so little attention, and Heavenly Father answered that prayer for sure, because you are so smart!
Later, you were giggly and rambunctious, always making huge plans for parties and decorating your room, etc., without questioning whether we could pull them off. You also loved to draw (until you took art classes :/ ). Later, you read all our history books without telling me and I wondered how you knew so much. Haha.
You were always good at finding a mentor in your big brother, Ben. I think it was all the flying in the airplane you thought he did, over the 2 yrs. of his mission, when you were a toddler. That was hilarious!
You kept your interest in theater and dancing and singing and history and math and science, and you did well in school, except you didn't do your homework much, I think! You were also very accident-prone, with 2 MRIs in as many months (the ER dr. called child protection on me after that - no worries, though. They were delighted with our family, it turned out. :)
When you decided to grow up and clean your room we were all relieved, because we could've been turned into the health authorities, it was so bad in there (your little brother's was just as bad). And when you went in the Army when you turned 17, you said it was to help you have more discipline and to pay for school, etc. But Basic training was awful! They only gave you minutes to eat and no sleep and so much work and exercise, and you were sick with strep and were worried you wouldn't pass your final tests, but you did. We sure did do a lot of praying during that time!
You served 2 terms, in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you were hit with IEDs 3 times, totally destroying your vehicles and making your buddies superstitious about riding with you and the other 2 with such high numbers of hits. You lost some buddies and made some great friends (who called you "Jesus Cripe," which I thought was very complimentary. You were always the designated driver for the bunch, being the 'Mormon' and all, lol.
Now you're out like a year and a half, rooming with your good friends you grew up with and working and taking care of spoiled Tut.
We sure love you, Phillip, and are so happy you are a part of our family!
The older kids came up to see you; they were still little themselves, and they didn't know what to make of you, you were so filled out and with so much dark hair, a new little stranger in their lives. You were very deliberate and calm, and so well-behaved, which we needed, 'cause I went back to school full-time, 2 weeks later, and you were with Grandpa part of the time while I went to work 32 hrs. per week, also. I prayed and prayed that you wouldn't be harmed by getting so little attention, and Heavenly Father answered that prayer for sure, because you are so smart!
Later, you were giggly and rambunctious, always making huge plans for parties and decorating your room, etc., without questioning whether we could pull them off. You also loved to draw (until you took art classes :/ ). Later, you read all our history books without telling me and I wondered how you knew so much. Haha.
You were always good at finding a mentor in your big brother, Ben. I think it was all the flying in the airplane you thought he did, over the 2 yrs. of his mission, when you were a toddler. That was hilarious!
You kept your interest in theater and dancing and singing and history and math and science, and you did well in school, except you didn't do your homework much, I think! You were also very accident-prone, with 2 MRIs in as many months (the ER dr. called child protection on me after that - no worries, though. They were delighted with our family, it turned out. :)
When you decided to grow up and clean your room we were all relieved, because we could've been turned into the health authorities, it was so bad in there (your little brother's was just as bad). And when you went in the Army when you turned 17, you said it was to help you have more discipline and to pay for school, etc. But Basic training was awful! They only gave you minutes to eat and no sleep and so much work and exercise, and you were sick with strep and were worried you wouldn't pass your final tests, but you did. We sure did do a lot of praying during that time!
You served 2 terms, in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you were hit with IEDs 3 times, totally destroying your vehicles and making your buddies superstitious about riding with you and the other 2 with such high numbers of hits. You lost some buddies and made some great friends (who called you "Jesus Cripe," which I thought was very complimentary. You were always the designated driver for the bunch, being the 'Mormon' and all, lol.
Now you're out like a year and a half, rooming with your good friends you grew up with and working and taking care of spoiled Tut.
We sure love you, Phillip, and are so happy you are a part of our family!
(I'll eventually get Seth, Ben, and Justin's written on their birthdays, lol)
As for other news, we are moved in, although we still have things to get out of storage. The aides bring my pills and do tests, but no care plan or housekeeping, other than trashes. That will be the end of this month some time. The nurse needs time to work out the care plan and they've been arranging the schedules lately, so it had to wait. I don't mind - it's nothing drastic, because Mark helps out more then. I'm rambling, I know. I had things to write about, just little things. I see the dr. on Oct. 31st - it's a she. And we'll be rushing down for Justin and Tara's wedding on Nov. 2nd - woo hoo!
I got my nails done here - it was cheap! I'll post a picture. And we're speaking tomorrow. Sheesh!
That's scary! And I'm drinking a Slim Fast at night and not eating after 7 p.m. That works well.
And I haven't gone out for forever, and we need to take Leto on walks as soon as we can. Mark's back is better, so we can get the rest of our stuff moved in soon, I'm hoping. And that's all I can remember, except it's great to have the Internet, and I'll check your posts again soon. Also, little Caitlyn (sp.?) is being blessed tomorrow - we wish we could be there! We'll be thinking about her and you all tomorrow, after we're done with our talks, especially, haha.
I got my nails done here - it was cheap! I'll post a picture. And we're speaking tomorrow. Sheesh!
That's scary! And I'm drinking a Slim Fast at night and not eating after 7 p.m. That works well.
And I haven't gone out for forever, and we need to take Leto on walks as soon as we can. Mark's back is better, so we can get the rest of our stuff moved in soon, I'm hoping. And that's all I can remember, except it's great to have the Internet, and I'll check your posts again soon. Also, little Caitlyn (sp.?) is being blessed tomorrow - we wish we could be there! We'll be thinking about her and you all tomorrow, after we're done with our talks, especially, haha.
We love all of you! Waves to Bonnie, and hope you're feeling better soon!
xoxoxo
xoxoxo
This is how I like my cinnamon toast :)

3 comments:
Aww, that was a great little tribute to Phillip! It made me miss him, but NOT his smelly room when he was growing up! ;) If I could just add to that, there was one time when he didn't clean the rabbit's cage (which was in his room) for weeks and his room was soon filled with flies. Like, there had to be hundreds of them! So one day, Phillip and I decided to go on a fly-hunting spree, and used my flip flops to go knock them out and then we would vacuum them once they fell. It seriously took us hours! It was disgusting, but fun at the same time because we were laughing our heads off about how I looked flying through the air flinging my flip flop around. Haha! Anyways, I'm glad Phillip grew out of that stage. ;)
Also, that's great that you have the nurses helping you with your pills and apartment! And I'm glad Doc's back is getting better. Oh, and your nails are really perty! Good luck speaking at church today! I have to teach my first lesson in Young Women's, and then we speak next week!
Hi, Dianey! So glad you got the internet, even though reading the other recorded blogs were quite funny! I believe in one, Mark was referred to as Munchkin?! I'm glad you're both doing well...Leto included...and getting settled in your cozy little apartment! Will the surrounding mountains be snow-covered this winter? What a view! Wishing you and Mark good luck with your talks today. I think I'd rather jump off a cliff. :/ I'm am feeling a lot better and plan to call you soon. And please feel free to call me anytime...just don't ask me to say "ice cream"...or "It thought I saw a putty cat". I was the kids' entertainment this weekend. ;P Oh, and I loved hearing all about Phillip...I didn't realize you'd had a C-section also. And child protection...we have so much in common. Your nails are gawgeous! Take care cousin, and I'll talk to you soon! Love you xoxox
Awww, I didn't know some of that about Phillip, like the stuff about basic training and him not knowing if he would pass his tests. That was great reading all that about him, and I can't believe you went back to school when he was a few weeks old and you were working too! You must be Wonder Woman!
Your nails look great! And your hair is getting so much thicker. Do you still take Reliv every day? I am so bad about forgetting.
I love that you have the internet again. Hopefully Doc can get things all set up soon. Oh, and we do nursing care plans in school! I often think of you with all your health stuffs and what care plans I would do, hahaha....
Wishing we could come to Justy's wedding with everyone! You'll have to take lots of pictures and remember everything so you can tell us. I did look up plane tickets to Salt Lake that weekend. The trip there was affordable ($125) but the way back was double the cost. Darn it. Oh well. I will be there is spirit! You'll have to check Gardener's Village if you have time, since it will be so pretty there with the fall decor and colors.
Post a Comment