Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Some pictures of our apartment



The couch is only part-way across the living room in the first picture, so the room is much larger;
I just took these quick pics with my phone to get you an idea of things.
I'll show more as time goes on.
I want to unpack and decorate first,  once our decorations are unpacked, such as they are...

Mark and I went to see "Gravity" last night, and we would've given it about an 85 percent rating.  Mostly because Sandra Bullock's loud and panicked panting and grunts were annoying
Even in the trailer, they were just too much lol
It was clean, and it did have a good theme that was kind of squeezed in/on towards the end
But it wasn't any 98 percent that reviewers gave it, averaged for positives

Anyway, that's our take on it
It was still fun to go on a date,
Plus, I got my hair trimmed by one of the hair dressers
in the bldg.
She did a good job and cut a little over an inch off
Looks way better!

I finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
That was such a good book!
An overlooked (by me) gem.
Thx to Melinda for the recommendation

Mark's back is doing a little better
because he puts a large softball behind him
when he sits down
I'm so grateful that he's getting better!

And that brings you up to date on us!
Thank you for your comments. 
Oh, and thank you to Bonnie and Dennis
for sending us the book, Visions of Glory
which tells one man's experiences of the other side.
Can't see the author's name rt. now, or remember it,
But it's told anonymously, through another person
I'll explain more later, but it's fascinating to read
about how involved our loved ones on the other side
are in our lives, and I believe that.
I've always felt like we have an unseen cheering section!

We miss and love you.
I was wishing today that I could give the whole extended family
a big hug!
Consider yourself squeezed!
xoxoxo

 

2 comments:

Club Jolley said...

Nice apartment! It's not as small as I thought it would be, especially for just the two of you to live. I'm so glad you like living there and that Doc's job is going well. It must be so fun to get to go on dates again after so long without an income! And I hope Doc's back continues to get better! I remember when he used to sit with my baseball behind his back while he drove. haha. It's funny the random things we remember from long ago. We love you too! I had a dream last night that I really missed you and Megan and wished you didn't live so far away! But technology makes it bearable!

MegJill said...

That looks like a pretty nice apartment! It looks pretty open too. How does it compare to your room at the last Idaho Falls place? Also, is it an old room/place or a newer one?
Too bad about the movie not being amazing, but good you got to go on a date! We are so busy with school and stuffs, plus we spend about a bazillion dollars on Saber care while I am at classes, that it is super hard to justify money for a date. Especially when we have to pay so much for a sitter. Oh, and with the government shutdown.... Is Brooks even going to get paid?! 'm starting to wonder! The gov. is doing soooo many ridiculous things, like putting out cones on the sides of roads so people can't stop to see monuments and covering monuments up so no one can see them. Obama is going to have a lot of people mad at him after this! Not so sure our country is going to recover.
Anyway.... Back to your post...
I can't wait to see more of your place! I bet it feels nice to have your couch and stuff out of storage!