Monday, March 19, 2012

Our Weekend

Wow. Friday night and Saturday I went with Haley to Time Out for Women (they have a site on Facebook) and it was so much fun! We heard great speakers, including Virginia Pierce, John Bytheway, and Emily Watts. And we sat right up in the orchestra pit with them! (Due to my wheelchair) My favorite performers were the singing group, Jericho Road - oh my goodness, they are such a presence! Such nice, nice guys, so funny and so talented and inspiring. We got pictures with them and some of the other speakers, including Sis. Pierce. (Haley has all the pics to post) Then, yesterday we went to church, but had to leave early because I kept falling asleep without knowing it, and I almost fell over or said things out loud, etc. While we were there, the rain turned into a blizzard! It was pretty exciting. Today is cold and windy, then sunny, then dark, now sunny again. It's supposed to warm up after tomorrow. Tonight is The Voice! I really like to watch singers go head-to-head on the same song, and it's not necessarily the loudest that wins. You get to see them being coached, and the judging is pretty spot-on, rather than vague. I went to Bingo this afternoon and won twice. I got a Spring sign to go in our flower pitcher outside our door. We already have flowers and an Easter hanging. Don't you just love the seasons? I saw a sign online that said, "Love Wins." That really is a great thing to tell yourself all the time. I love it!!! Take care! xoxoxo

1 comment:

MegJill said...

I'm so excited to see pictures of Time Out For Women! What an inspiring weekend. Well, except for the you falling asleep at church part. Bahaha.... I wonder what you said while sleeping that no one told you! :)