Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Hello, March 14th!
Hi! How are you all? We are fine. We had a State inspection here yesterday, and it went really well - thanks be to God. The residents were happy, they said, and things felt good here. Yay!
For Mark's bday. Monday I gave him a cookbook and a newer Dave Barry book. (He'd already purchansed an MP3 player)
Mark's really itching to get the oven moved to the acts. room from the break room (that no one uses), so they can cook and bake in there. He really wants to bake some artisanal bread. Speaking of bread, Haley and Dallin gave Mark some baguette bread he loves, along with the Philly garden-style cream cheese spread that he loves. (I can't wait for him to eat it, so I can have some. :)
Church was fun on Sunday, because of the grandkids, plus the people and the messages.
We finally watched The Help, and thought it was good, but we won't buy it. It's not one I'd want to watch over and over again. I thought the movie was much better than the book.
Otherwise, we are just plugging away.
Isn't the weather crazy? It's 76 degrees where Megan and Brooks live! How hot will it be this summer? Scary! We'll have to move to Bear Lake. They mentioned Bear Lake on Napoleon Dynamite's animated show - that's all so funny!
So that's the scoop for now. Hope uou are all well and happy.
Take care!
xoxoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmmmm, Doc's bread and cream cheese sounds nummery! I feel bad. We forgot to call him for his Bday! Did he like his prizes? That would be really wonderful if the oven could be moved to activities where it might get used more. Then Kattie can bake cookies all day and you can just yell across the hall for her to throw a few over to you!
So, later this afternoon it got to 81 or 82 degrees today! It was so warm! We actually set up the sprinkler and the kids played outside. They kept begging for the little plastic pool but I didn't want to have to worry about Squish Pants falling in or the clean up. Plus, I knew that pool water would be freezing right now and it wouldn't be worth the effort!
Did I tell you the lady across the street just put her house up for sale? Her parents built it years ago so it has never been on the market. $140,000 (I think) with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, family room, new and beautiful sunroom, screened in porch, 3 garages, above ground pool and a big fenced in garden area. I wish we could buy it and have the two houses!
Ooh, that sounds nice! I want us all to live by each other! Wahhh!
And, yes, Mark did like his prizes. :) Don't worry about not calling Mark, 'cause they were busy with State's visit, etc., and he was fine. He's just glad that's over!
Post a Comment