Monday, September 16, 2013

Our weekend

I want to tell you about our weekend Saturday we went in the morning to the farmers market and got so much produce that was really nice from around here except for the sweet corn we got wasn't good at all so Mark just threw it away. Also we got tomatoes in cherry tomatoes that were so good and we got um a corn squash and um let's see if we can got some kind of apple shaped cucumbers that we haven't tasted yet and um and we get green beans which mark sautes for me, and we got um strawberries so much like the one st we had when I was child in our strawberry patch. we also got some apples and we got pears and we got some great big flowers 5 for a dollar they're like zinnias or mums, n really colorful. Lito went with us in he had a lot of admirers we could hardly walk without somebody stopping in in seeing him stopping us and saying how beautiful he was saying how big he was saying how nice. A lot of children petted him. It was so fun and it's hard to think of the words to say what it was like. The weather was perfect people were so friendly it was great. And it was also great that we got healthy food to eat. We also went to the library and got a bunch of movies to watch and for the next week. And Melinda I got a Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Sunday we went to church and um then we came home and had roast beef and potatoes on the kitchen downstairs, and I hate cherry tomatoes.
I said I ate cherry tomatoes. And now today um we're just waiting to hear from their human resources person to see if we can us stay here but like I said everything looks really positive and more excited there's a two bedroom apartment that they probably not going to be renting out without redoing it but it would be great for us. We could use one bedroom for storage for a food storage and other items and we could use one bedroom for a bedroom then there's a small living room kitchen combo thing but we don't need a lot of room it's not like we have parties or anything up here. If we got it it looks out over the front parking lot I think and it's just down the hall from the room we're in right now. It might look out over the West I can't remember. But it's bright and sunny. I'm just so excited to think about knowing we're in a place for a while and we can make it our own as much as possible. Then we can also get internet which would be nice. Certain things just don't work that well with the telephone, such as n moving email to other folders. I do like. Our phones yes. They do a lot of different things and you can use them away from home not just at home. They said that they're getting away from landlines and just plain phones. I don't know how true that is but I do know that the prices start becoming comparable so then it seems silly to just have a regular landline. If we get set up here then I will find a doctor and have my finger scene 2. It's not painful though, its just very crooked or bent. I feel like I must be boring you with the little details of her life. But that.s what blogs are, right? Unless there a blog about sometgingething in partir all the time like politics or entertainment. So we haven't been watching very much television because we watch the movies from the library. I'd love to not have television at all. I've never really liked television, even though there's certain shows that we watched. And I do like biographies and things that are on PBS. History Channel's been taken over by American Pickers and Swamp People in things. That's really sad. Several channels are taking up with reality shows like a duck hunters in swamp people and crocodile Swamp People and so on and that kind of big waves over to honey boo boo and and that connects2 Toddlers and Tiaras which connects to dance moms and so long 

none of that picked up very well at all. Its really fun once you get used to it so wat you can talk to this machine and it types down what you're saying even if you say it really fast. In fact it seems to do it better or more correctly when you talk super fast.

 Our thoughts are still with Heather and Mike and all the family out there in Missouri in there about. Sandy said it's really hard for Heather and Mike and the family but they're doing well in between bouts of remembering and being overwhelmed.  

Here's some pictures from her they at the farmers market hope you enjoyed them we love you! XO XO XO

3 comments:

Club Jolley said...

That sounds like a wonderful night at the farmer's market! The flowers are so pretty, and cheap! And from the picture through the car windshield it looks like it's really green there. I"m so glad Leto is getting spoiled and having his beauty appreciated by all the people there. He should be a model dog for a magazine or something shouldn't he?! Maybe you should submit his picture for magazines/photo shoots! :)

Club Jolley said...

Woops, didn't mean to push publish yet! Oh, and your healthy food sounds delicious! Especially the strawberries.
So I hope you get to stay there and that it all works out; and then I hope you enjoy staying there and making it your own little comfy place. That would be a great location to live in the same building as Doc, and it would save you thousands in rent per year!
We love you and miss you, but are so excited for you to be blessed with a normal job and steady income. Yay for you guys! :)

MegJill said...

Your flowers are so beautiful, and what an amazing price!!! I would buy flowers a lot more often if they were affordable like that! I bet they make your place seem so pretty.
The farmer's market looks like lots of fun! They have one here right next to Brooks' work, but it is fairly small and we hardly ever buy stuff. Some people sell beef and pork from their own farm, and there are lots of jams and candles and veggies.
Oh, and no wonder people love Leto! He really is soooo beautiful! He's the best looking German Shepherd I've ever seen. Watch out of someone might steal him one day!
Does it seem strange not to have Tutt?