Friday, January 25, 2013

Newses

I have some sad news and some glad news:  the sad news is that Mark got an e-mail from the lady in Ohio, and someone who'd been with them before applied for the job and, due to their background with the company, they got it.  So we keep looking and applying.  Whatever it takes, right?  It does seem like things are being kept this way on purpose.  Hmmm...wonder why...no telling, from this end of the telescope!

And the good news is that Linda had thought that her folks had sold Buddy.  Turns out, it was another horse!  Super-yay!!  That makes me so happy!  I love Buddy.

PLUS:
Within hours of the email from Ohio, after praying and talking and fasting a little, we got a call from a facility in Pocatello,
and Mark will be meeting with some people over that in SLC next Thursday!
So, that was kind of a stunning turnaround.  : )
And we're just thankful for the encouragement!

Also, remember that Seth's birthday is on Feb. 12th, as is Mark's dad's - Jeanne would probably appreciate it if you could send her a card or note.  I know Seth loves to hear from you, too.  
Contact us for addresses, if you need them.

And then what else?  Well, let's see...oh, Kattie came over on Wednesday afternoon and just hung out with us for a while.  I love to do that.  She brought a baby quilt along, that Ben's mom had made.  It is darling!  Also, she'd made matching blanket sleepers and receiving blankets - so soft and fuzzy and cute.  All the colors were Kattie's favorite soft, vintage look.  A  great, classic look that I love, too.
Kattie also brought some clothes that she has purchased (just a few, she said) with that same look.
Darling!

And she showed us some nursery wall decor that she made herself, out of shoebox lids!  She found the idea on Pinterest, she said, and she did Ava's name in big letters, with decoupaged collage fronts that she made with scrapbook papers.  Can't wait to see everything together on the wall!
(She probably wants to do pictures on her blog, so I'll not spoil the surprise, tehee.)

The next evening, Thursday, we went to Ben and Linda's to add some ideas for the roadshow, which Linda is in charge of (facilitating?).   Mark brought some fish to bake, along with cheesy potatoes and green beans.  Yum!  Ben and Linda chipped in orange juice, donuts, and ice cream, so we had a feast!

Beth fed herself, which was amazing to me.  And Josh helped with feeding her ice cream.
Wow.
They are growing so big.
!

And that's about all.  Hope you are well.  Everyone I know has been sick, but seem to be better now.
We're doing fine, and my eye is slowly healing.  It's great as we get to reduce the appts. 
frequency of eye drops.

Take care, and we love you!
xoxoxo

2 comments:

MegJill said...

Well, if I'm being honest, I kinda want to cry about the Ohio thing! Soooo sad for us that you won't be near! Whhahhhhh! I had high hopes, BUT, maybe something else will come up fast and Doc can get that job. And who knows, maybe you would have moved all the way over to Ohio and not liked the job. But still...... sadness!
That sounds so fun to have Kattie come over and bring her baby things to show. She must be getting so excited! I'd love if someone would take a picture of her pregnant self and post it!
Your food and Ben and Linda's sound yummy! Also, I am really glad they didn't sell Buddy! The kids had asked about seeing him and I didn't know what to tell them. It would be fun to go see him on our next Idaho trip! He is getting pretty old. I think I got him when I was 17 and he was already 4 so that would make him 21 years old already! That just seems impossible that he could be so old already!

Club Jolley said...

Aw that is sada bout the ohio job! Especially when it was so close to Megan! But, like Meggie said, it might be for the best that you didn't have to move across the country and then find out that it wasn't going to last or you didn't like it, etc. And what a blessing that another interview turned up just a few hours later, yay. That was always so disappointing when Dallin was looking for a job and we heard that yet another company said no. It does seem like there is some reason, some job or opportunity that Doc is being saved for. I hope the job in Pocatello works out- that would be so convenient to not have to move far away.

And yay, that makes me happy that they kept Buddy still. I can't believe he's so old! He's been alive almost as long as I have. It's interesting that these horses live so long, they have a long life story and get passed around to different owners. I wish we could watch Buddy's life story. I'm so glad you rescued him from being hurt and abused, and I'm sure he's being well taken care of by Linda's parents. Well, keep us posted on the jobs and everything! Love you!