Monday, November 28, 2011

This Past Thanksgiving Weekend

Hello! Thank you for your comments, and Merry Christmas to you too, Bonnie! We had a nice Thanksgiving at Danny and Melinda's. Everyone brought food or contributed money to the feast. Seth and Justin, Linda and Ben and Josh, Haley and Dallin and Hunter and we were there, although Haley and Dallin had to come later on. It was a nice, quiet meal, as I recall. The kids were cute as usual, and baby Irelyn's hair continues to get redder and redder. Alaina is growing noticeably taller and Emme is looking more like a toddler than a baby. Her face is so piquant, if that's the right word. Very sober most of the time, and looking like a little orphan. It's so funny. Hunter's hair is longer and curly too. Very handsome on him. Josh talks quite a bit and is a little man, like Ben was, lol. That night at about 11 p.m., Haley got me and we ran by Wal Mart, then went to Macey's and Target. The lines were soooooooooo long! And the people were very nice! She picked up boots and Hunter toys and a couple of other things, and I got a soft, cuddly blanket, mainly. We had tons of fun, and stayed out till 3:00 a.m. or so. Mostly we just waited in 2 lines, tho. : ) The weather was windy and cold and Haley had trouble getting her trunk open; therefore, she froze. Maybe that's why people were so happy in line - at least they were warm! A tiny little aide at Mark's work got something grabbed from her by a strange man. He pushed her, grabbed the gadget, and then ran away. She ran after him, caught him by the collar, and kicked him in the seat. So funny! And, btw, she got her gadget from him too. Good job!! Sunday we went to church and Mark gave the S.S. lesson on John, the first 3 chapters. His lesson was wonderful, and so was Relief Society's on repentance. Today has been fairly quiet. Saturday I attended Eleta's bday. gathering here - she's my very good friend. It was her 80th birthday! I got her a couple of small things and made her a card which she really liked, 'cause it had cats all over it (she loves cats and has a tuxedo cat named Cricket). This a.m. I went to the dentist/dentite (our joke name for dentist) and he needs to do more filling or pulling, it's up to us. Either one is very expensive. We'll see... We love the red down-alternative comforter we got Friday, when Mark and I went out to the store. It was a really good price and it's so lightweight and comfortable. Goes just great with our apt.! Hope you all are well and strong and being gud! lol xoxoxo

3 comments:

Club Jolley said...

Thanks for writing some details about black friday shopping that I had already forgotten! That was so terrible being frozen and trying to get my trunk to open! haha! But I'm sooo glad you came with me! I ended up going to wal mart after dropping you off and I picked up the portable dvd player, so I didn't get back to the Jolley's house until 4:30! That's exciting that you got a nice comforter! And the fluffy blankets we both got at Macy's are soo soft, don't you think? I love mine and have used it several times while reading and taking naps! It definitely makes winter more bearable! :)

meldoo said...

That is so funny about the aide kicking the guy in the seat!! She is brave! Did you hear about the lady that pepper sprayed everyone around her? Makes your night sound dull!! I'm glad you two went together and had fun and didn't get pepper sprayed. I loved how you described Emme- she is a little more sober than our other kids. As a baby she smiled a lot with her mouth closed, in a smug, satisfied sort of way. But don't be fooled, she terrorizes the other kids. There's a reason she's the younger sister. But they are very patient with her. I'm so glad you guys were here for Thanksgiving and I just loved it and thought it was all very relaxing and fun and loved watching Jeopardy episodes together. I love things like that. I wanted to play games, but maybe on Christmas Eve we could get together and play some games?? That would be so fun. I always want to get to play more games with Ben, too. We can talk about it more later. Like the day before or something. :)

MegJill said...

Oh my. That is so crazy (and funny) about the guy taking her gadget! I'm curious what it was. Seriously, it is unbelievable to hear the Black Friday stories. Some people just let their crazy wild side all hang out!
I'm so glad you got to go with Haley! It sounds like fun, but tiring.
We'd love to see your red comforter!