Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Whew!

We can stop holding our breath now ~ Seth passed his driver's test, first try! We just got home from that. When we went to meet the tester, we didn't know where the police station for Pocatello was. That's where he said to meet him, and Seth had looked up the location and directions. We took a wrong turn, but recovered and went right there then. Yay! The guy was so relaxed and nice. That was really helpful. We showed him our vehicle registration and proof of insurance and Seth's permit. They were gone around 15 minutes. And we were done with that part of things. Then we had to take the test paper, in a sealed envelope, to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles to get his license. Seth had one knife (totally legal) on him, so he had to leave it at the entrance, and I had two that I had to leave. I felt so cool with my knives! Now Seth has his actual license, good until he turns 18 and gets an adult one. I won't let him drive all over, tho, and no friends in the car at all! Still, it's so nice to know we can drive together, and I can send him on errands, and he can get to his classes! After we got Seth's license, we had to drive in circles, asking people for directions repeatedly, till we found the college bookstore. We picked up Seth's EMT book and workbook - expensive! It'll be really interesting to look at, anyway. I'm excited to see how it differs from my old EMT textbk. Now I'm eating wonderful grapes - the best ever - from Smith's. Not much else is going on. Seth is getting his hair cut, and we have appts. soon. I'm so glad to have this done! Thanks for reading my blog. : ) xoxoxo

2 comments:

MegJill said...

Sooo glad he passed! I can't imagine seeing Seth drive, even though it seems like he would be a good driver. Are you going to have him take you all over town now?! It seems kind of fun, just you and Seth there checking out the town and everything you want to see. You guys should go see all the good movies and the theater where they let you in for free.
I couldn't believe how expensive his class is! And the book is probably just as crazy. I think we paid $450 for my class and the book was about $75. I still have the book and love it, if only for the fact that it reminds me of my "past life". I hope Seth does well in the class! Is it at ISU? Just remind him that they are SUPER picky about parking there! If he parks somewhere where you need a parking pass they will ticket him! Even the streets around there require a parking pass. I think the passes are about $40, which I think is silly. $40 to park on the street three blocks from campus! He might be okay if his class is in the evening though. I think after 5 or 6 you can park anywhere.

Club Jolley said...

That is so wonderful! Now he can get to his classes without worrying about finding a ride. I remember when I got my drivers lisence, it was so great to leave whenever I wanted. Seth will be so happy, and I'm sure you will too!
I bet he'll do really well in his class. I hope so, since it was so expensive. :) Well enjoy all the newfound freedom; now you guys should drive to Rexburg and visit me and Hunter!!!