Hi! Wow, we've been busy (for us). Last weekend Mark was sick and I was kind of sick, mostly with knee/leg pain. Mark thinks he had/has food poisoning from using some Miracle Whip in the fridge: after he got sick, he checked the label and it expired in 2007. And it's been open since we got it, so, yeah...he may be right!!!
Yesterday he was still feeling bad, so didn't go to work, but had to take me to the dr., to see the sports physician about my knee and hip and everything in between that's hurting. He had a joint specialist come in and they ordered an mri for my knee and gave me cortisone in my hip. The fact that the shot worked shows that I have bursitis in my hip, which was part of the pain. The shot helped that alot. : )
The dr. said that my knee shouldn't be so swollen and painful, and he's going to check the x-rays again too.
So this a.m., before work, Mark (who's still feeling fairly ill) took Seth to donate plasma (turns out you have to be 18 to). Seth went with me then, when Mark dropped me off for my mri. So I got that done, and I have an appt. with the dr. for next Monday.
That's why I say, "Whew!"
Mark's back at work now, trying to catch up with all that accumalates so quickly there. Hope he feels well soon.
In other news, our apple tree is blooming this year! So happy about that! We hope to spray it and keep it sprayed, so we can have worm-less apples. We have 2 plum trees too, and a grapevine that's one year old. It's so cute!
I hope we can plant more, especially tomatoes - even Mark likes growing those.
And I'll plant some annuals in our planter out front, and take down our Christmas Wreath and the rest of the Christmas decorations that are still up. Isn't that about par for the course? lol
Here is a video that was on Stephanie Nielson's site. It touched my heart.
Love You!
xoxoxo
3 comments:
That is so funny that you still have Christmas decor up!
You medical stuff makes me tired. All the doctors appointments! Do you ever feel like they are all just passing you around to different specialist and no one ever really finds out what is wrong?! That's good that you got the shot for your hip though.
Poor Docaroodee, getting sick. He hardly ever gets sick, right? I bet it was the mayo, like you said.
Okay, I'm going to to go watch that bike video now!
I love that video by NieNie. She is such a good example to me. Thank goodness the shot helped your knee feel better! I hope it gets better and not worse! And tell Doc that we hope he gets better too. I can't believe your miracle whip was so old- yucky!
We just spent a whole hour looking around Porter's, and I'm proud to say I only bought three sheets of paper even though there were so many projects that I wanted to buy and do! But I have learned that I need WAY less STUFF than I think I do, so lately I haven't felt like buying or decorating or nything. It's kind of freeing, in my mind!
I get so behind on everyone's blogs! And I have been meaning to blog for weeks! But, I am glad that shot is helping and I hope they find out what is going on. I can't wait to plant fowers, too, if I have any money and we have apple trees and never spray them and then they have lots of worms and we have to throw them all away from the ground. But they taste gross, anyway. Keep us posted on your hip/ knee!
Post a Comment