Saturday, December 3, 2011
Addendum and Piano
On the Softlips offer, it's limit 1 per transaction. You can go in more than once, though, so you could pick up an extra. I want to go, myself!
On NestingPlace's blog (see bloglist), they did a favorites link party, and I took notes on the ones I read: One product I actually bought tonight, and I love it! It's Maybelline's Lip Sensations. This lipstick is perfect for giving you really soft lips without glop or smearing. I like it better than any gloss I've tried, yet it's a lipstick. It feels like it's comforting my lips. Also, the colors are great and it's not too expensive, so you could splurge on a couple of them.
Other favorites listed (the first by several) was Mrs. Weaver's cleaning and other products, Caress Body Wash in Glowing Touch, Pier 1's jingle bell decorations, La Pen pens, the 7-year pen, and Wonda hooks (they didn't elaborate except to rave about them).
Mark bought us Febreeze's holiday-scented air freshener (the dark blue one), and we really, really like it. They're super-pretty too, covered with big snowflakes.
Okay, that covers the tips so far. It's really fun to read real people's reviews, basically, of the things we use. Saves a lot of trial and error!
Mark put up Christmas lights for me in the craft/computer room. They're soo pretty.
And we went to Alex and Melinda's piano recital, which was for Linda's students, so had lots of kids we knew performing. Alex said, "What are you talking about?" over his shoulder as he went to sit down. He played The Lion Sleeps Tonight and one other, short, number, and I thought he did quite well. You could tell he enjoyed it.
Melinda played The Music of the Night. It was beautiful! So was she: she dressed the part, with a flowing black velvet cloak and a long black skirt. The grand piano was black, too, and it made such an impression of the Phantom's world. Magical! It felt like there were sparkles in the air when she played. She says she messed up, but she just hesitated a couple of times.
I can't believe she's been playing for less than a year!
I'm so glad when you all learn things - it's something you build on throughout your lives. I know some of you play piano and sing and dance and ride and so on, besides sewing and reading and gardening and cooking. I think education and classical, uplifting learning is essential to our development. Also, outdoor experiences and learning.
The Mountain West is great for much of that. I remember when they held the 2000 Olympics in SLC, and they couldn't believe how many talented volunteers they had who spoke all kinds of languages (from missions) and could do all kinds of things. That's so cool!
And that's all I have to say about that!
I love you! Hugs and Kisses,
xoxoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oooh, I hope Mel gets some pictures up soon of the piano recital! She played her song for me over the phone and it sounded so pretty!
Me likeys that picture of Brooks and Audrey. Audrey practiced piano today,and Aiden practiced violin.
maybe I will go write a wittle post about what else we did.
Post a Comment