Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday Night

We've just relaxed this weekend, and it's been so wonderful, and needed.  Mark felt like we had to go finish the house up, but I told him I didn't think he needed to today.  After all, we've been unpacking all week, we've had both Leto and Tut, and they started working with a consultation team, to be reviewed by the state in one month, so it's been rather busy around here.  It's also been H-O-T hot, so not a good time to go work in the house.
Leto has been incredibly well-behaved (if you don't count sneaking onto the bed when our back is turned), and Tut has enjoyed hours in the enclosed courtyard.  Often we retrieve him after dark.  The shrubbery and huge hydrangeas must seem like a jungle to him, and I know he loves to roll on pavement.  If he goes a couple of days without getting out, he gets antsy.  It's perfect for him here, and he also loves sitting on the broad windowsills in the sunshine.
We've taken Leto in the car and on walks, and he got the routine of going out the back door and pottying in the field right away.  Then he runs back to the door to go in.  It's easy.  Leto goes to the foster home (over by Brooks' folks' home) tomorrow after church.  It's a relief, but kind of sad, too.  I'll be happy when Seth gets settled in a place where he can keep Leto.
Mark and I watched a Netflix Instant Streaming movie, The Secret of the Kells, last night.  It wasn't totally understandable, but it was very pretty animation-work, and interesting.  And I've been reading Sean Astin's book, There and Back Again.  It's of special interest to me, as we're big fans of his portrayal of Samwise Gamgee in LOTRs.  It's fascinating to read about the experience, as seen through his eyes.  I'm glad to read that he's a family man with strong core values.  Good for him!
Kattie and Ben got in an accident last night - someone made a left turn in front of them and just stopped in the middle of it, so of course they hit him.  Kattie is bruised and sore today (and maybe has a broken collarbone), but no one was seriously hurt, it seems.  Ben's car was totaled.  What a miracle that they weren't hurt worse!
Well, that's the news for now.  Take care!  I love you!
xoxoxo


1 comment:

MegJill said...

Something about Tutt rolling on the pavement makes me laugh! Just thinking of him being all purry and happy rolling in the sunshine. Makes me want to be a kitty!
I hope Kattie is okay! What crazy timing, but at least it wasn't closer to the wedding. Will he be able to replace his car? It seems like cars are made out of pop cans these days. They get touched and they just crumble.
Did I tell you someone did a hit and run on our van while in Florida? Not bad, but the driver door is scratched and dented. It's more annoying than anything. I wish someone would have at least said sorry!
Sad to hear about Leto going someplace else, but I think it soulds soooo much better for him to be with a foster family than just rotting in Pocatello! It always scared me when he was there with just Seth, like what if Seth stayed someplace overnight, etc. Would anyone be taking care of Leto?! So, I think it will be good for everyone, including Leto. Just hoping Leto doesn't miss you guys too much.
Yes, you DO need to get out here!!! Sabriel is getting so much fun. She is at such a fun, squishy age. I just want to squeeze her and play with her and kiss her all day long. She has a little sliver of a tiny tooth now. Sometimes I play with it and she acts all happy and proud of her little tooth she grew.
I want you to see her cuteness weally weally bad!