Sunday, July 17, 2011

How's Tricks?

No pictures ready yet, but I thought I'd keep you updated:
Friday night we went to see the last Harry Potter movie!  It was good, especially because it completes the series and there is a sense of peace about having the whole bunch of movies completed and available to watch.  They did it!  The best part, for me, is seeing the actual child actors grow up right along with the characters.  That's really touching to think about.  It was almost like The Truman Show.

Yesterday Mark worked at some things for the facility's policies and procedures.  He also did our laundry. : )  Then we went to Wal Mart for some hex wrenches and some spicy noodle cups (yum!).
Today we ate lunch (chicken and a baked potato (yum again!) and so on, with coconut cream pie.  Then we attended church, which we have been since we got here, in our old ward.  That's really fun, and the talks about the Savior were great!
Afterwards, we ate supper here (chicken salad, beet slices, garlic breadstick, and cantaloupe), and now Mark is hooking our computer to the tv, to watch streaming movies off the internet.  That will be cool, since we don't have a dvd player.  There are such good family shows to watch, and I miss being able to select them ourselves.  Someday I want to figure out how to get a dvr or its equivalent.

The food is sooo good here.  Too good!  I have to eat just a portion of it most of the time.  Mark has been doing many things, and Lori starts Monday.  Yahoo!!

TTYL, and remember, we love you!
xoxoxo

1 comment:

MegJill said...

So nice that you got to go to the old ward! It's so strange to go back there. I always expect it to be the same, but now people are getting old and it shocks me!
Your food does sound yummy. I have been getting stomach aches again. That plus a terrible tooth hurty and nothing feels enjoyable anymore! (Being dramatic...but that's really how this last week felt.) Stomach didn't hurt all day today though and I am calling the dentist in the morning so maybe some relief?
DVR's are sooo nice. We've never had one, and not had cable in years, but I've used Mel's and seen how she can record her favorite shows and ignore the rest. Soooo nice.
It is completely strange for me to think that you are back in IF! Wish we were there visiting. Now it will be easier when we visit, with you being in the same town. You need to see the Squish and the other kids too! Where are our free plane tickets so we can fly you out here?! I keep waiting for some stranger to give us some and no one ever does!
Oh, doesn't Audrey have a great voice? You should hear her in real life. She sings to everything and knows all the words and right inflections, etc. She LOVES musicals. Right now her favorite is the Joseph movie, which is Joseph and the Amazing technicolor Dreamcoat, which we checked out on netflix. She doesn't know but we ordered a used CD of the music through Amazon and it should be here any day. Then she can fall asleep singing the Joseph song. The next Netflix movie to come is Oklahoma, which she's never seen. I think the girls will really like it.